Become a Supporter
There are a number of ways individuals and organization can choose to support Harbor View House. In addition to County, State and Federal funding we depend on grants, your donations, volunteer support and our internship program in order to operate Harbor View House and serve the needs of our clients.
To make a donation or order a Living Museum Art Center Calendar, please visit our Contribute Page »
Monetary Gifts and Donations
- Harbor View House Fund - This fund was established to receive monetary gifts and donations. Your donated funds can be used for residents to obtain supportive healthcare services from podiatrists, optometrists and dentists, as well as to provide interim expenses for personal products such as undergarments, socks, shoes and for resident activities.
- Living Museum Art Center Calendar Sponsorships - Each year we publish a beautiful calendar featuring the artwork of our talented Harbor View House community members. By sponsoring a page, many organizations and individuals help us support our on-going efforts designed to encourage creative expression within our community while improving public awareness of the social challenges and possibilities confronting adults suffering from mental illness.
- Living Museum Art Center Calendar Purchase - Through donations and calendar purchases, we are able to supplement a variety of therapies incorporating the arts. Our calendars make wonderful gifts.
- Specific Program Sponsorships - Harbor View House is composed of many programs designed to serve both our residents and the community. You can follow your passion by contributing to the programs of your choice. For a complete list of options, please visit our Contribute Page »
- Clothing, Toiletries, Books, Art Supplies and Musical Instruments - We welcome these kinds of donations. Please contact us at (310) 547-3341. ext. 361
Volunteer Program and Internships - Monday through Friday 9:00
am to 4:00 pm
Whether choosing to contribute many or a few hours a month, by bringing their unique talents and interests to Harbor View House, our volunteers and interns enrich our community and are vital to the success and sustainibility of our programs.
Typical volunteer assignments and position descriptions include:
- Guiding Activities - Arts & crafts, reading, playing games, knitting, exercise (i.e. walks and low impact exercises), leading musical groups (i.e. guitar, keyboarding, sing-along), helping with special events and outings
- Art Studio Assistance - Help prepare art supplies, framing, wood working, ceramics and clean-up while interacting with artists
- Performing Arts Assistance - Assist with drama club, music interaction, karaoke, poetry reading and lead musical groups (sing along, keyboarding, guitar, etc…)
- Internships - Work with residents while earning hours towards internship requirements in the fields of social work and psychology.